This website is mobile friendly.
Gillingham (Dorset) DofE Open Award Centre – Registered Charity Number 1178953 (detail here) has been operated entirely by volunteers since Sept 2014 and has to be self-funding, as per our Young Friends of Gillingham DofE page. Pics and posts on our Facebook page.
135 young people are currently working on their Award at all levels, 82 have achieved an Award since January 2018. Full Awards, since 2003, are recorded on our Awards page.
Yr9 to 24yrs can start from:
- Bronze at the beginning of Year 9
- Silver at the beginning of Year 10
- 16th birthday for Gold
- Direct entry to Silver or Gold is possible if of the right age
Attendance: There is a regular Tues evening attendance expected from 4.15-5.45pm as below for each level This time is spent planning and completing prep for the assessment. It is mandatory.
- Golds, Oct-Dec, (Practice briefing Tues 25 June 2019)
- Silvers Jan to Easter
- Bronzes Mar to June/July .
Training and Expedition dates are now booked with leaders for 2018-19, therefore we do not change them once published. Please check them against your own family and activity calendars before signing up.
Enrolment: to all levels is possible at any time but there are key dates you have to attend to be eligible for the Expedition section in the following year.
If you did a previous level it will need to have been verified as finished unless there are extenuating circumstances!
- Gillingham DofE OAC 2019-20 Calendar
- DofE 2019-20 enrolment form The Enrolment fee is as per enrolment form and ALL cheques are made out to Gillingham DofE OAC Please note that the Welcome Pack fee (£35) and Accredited First Aid (6hr) Certification (£30) are extra to Expedition costs. Please speak to us in confidence if costs appear prohibitive.
- Parental Consent GillOAC 2019
INFORMATION EVENING FOR 2019-20 is Tuesday July 9 2019 at Gillingham School, 6 for 6.30pm
AWARDS EVENING tbc October 1st 2019
What’s Happening at Gillingham DofE OAC?
- First Aid for the 2019-20 Cohort
- We’re building our Gallery!
- Award History updated Feb 27 2019 – 486!
- June 2018 – Links updated on our Volunteering for Participants page
- See the campsites we’ve used all over the place!
The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award in Gillingham, Dorset is delivered under the DofE licence of Dorset Council by Gillingham Open Award Centre (OAC). At this time we hire Tuesday evening space at Gillingham Youth Centre (BONES), Cemetery Rd, Gillingham, Dorset. SP8 4AZ