Gillingham (Dorset) DofE Open Award Centre – Registered Charity Number 1178953 (detail here) has been operated entirely by volunteers since Sept 2014 and has to be self-funding, as per our Young Friends of Gillingham DofE page.
Pics and posts on our Facebook page
135 young people are currently working on their Award at all levels, 112 have achieved an Award since August 1, 2017
Full Awards, since 2003, are recorded on our Awards page.
The Award can now be started at the beginning of Year 9 (Bronze); the beginning of Year 10 (Silver), but its still your 16th birthday for Gold. Direct entry to Silver or Gold is possible.
Attendance: There is a regular Tues evening attendance expected from 4.15-5.45pm as below for each level This time is spent planning and completing prep for the assessment. It is mandatory.
- Golds, Oct-Dec, back in July ’19
- Silvers Jan to Easter
- Bronzes Mar to June/July .
Training and Expedition dates are now booked with leaders for 2018-19, therefore we do not change them once published. Please check them against your own family and activity calendars before signing up.
Enrolment: Enrolment to all levels is possible at any time but there are key dates to attend to make the Expedition section in the following year.
Please see the dates and costs download below.
If you did a previous level it will need to have been verified as finished unless there are extenuating circumstances!
- 18-19 overview with costs Please note that the Welcome Pack fee (£35) and Accredited First Aid (6hr) Certification (£30) are extra to the Expedition costs Please speak to us in confidence if costs appear prohibitive.
- 2018-19 Gill enrolment form The Enrolment fee is as per enrolment form and ALL cheques are made out to Gillingham DofE OAC
- Parental Consent GillOAC 2018
Other Dorset DofE Centres and schools delivering DofE under DCC are listed on DofE Dorset
Find out more about the DofE Award itself on The Award page.
The website is mobile friendly and updated frequently.
What’s Happening at Gillingham DofE OAC?
- First Aid for the 2018 -19 Cohort
- We’re building our Gallery!
- Award History updated Oct 1 2018 – 470!
- June 2018 – Links updated on our Volunteering for Participants page
- See the campsites we’ve used all over the place!
The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award in Gillingham, Dorset is delivered under the DofE licence of Dorset County Council by Gillingham Open Award Centre (OAC). At this time we hire Tuesday evening space at Gillingham Youth Centre (BONES), Cemetery Rd, Gillingham, Dorset. SP8 4AZ