This website is mobile friendly.
Gillingham (Dorset) DofE Open Award Centre – Registered Charity Number 1178953 (detail here) has been operated entirely by volunteers since Sept 2014 and has to be self-funding, as per our Young Friends of Gillingham DofE page. Pics and posts on our Facebook page.
135 young people are currently working on their Award at all levels, 82 have achieved an Award since January 2018. Full Awards, since 2003, are recorded on our Awards page.
Yr9 to 24yrs can start from:
- Bronze can start as early as the June before they go into Yr9
- Silver can start as early as the June before they go into Yr10
- 16th birthday for Gold (Exped training can start earlier)
- Direct entry to Silver or Gold is possible if of the right age
Attendance: There is a regular Tues evening attendance expected from 4.15-5.45pm as below for each level This time is spent planning and completing prep for the assessment. It is mandatory.
- Golds, Oct-Dec, (Practice briefing Tues 25 June 2019)
- Silvers Jan to Easter
- Bronzes Mar to June/July .
Training and Expedition dates are now booked with leaders for 2018-19, therefore we do not change them once published. Please check them against your own family and activity calendars before signing up.
Enrolment: to all levels is possible at any time but there are key dates you have to attend to be eligible for the Expedition section in the following year.
If you did a previous level it will need to have been verified as finished unless there are extenuating circumstances!
- Gillingham DofE OAC 2019-20 Calendar – update 27/6/19
- DofE 2019-20 Enrolment Form Gillingham The Enrolment fee is as per enrolment form and ALL cheques are made out to Gillingham DofE OAC Please note that the Welcome Pack fee and Accredited First Aid (6hr) Certification (£30) are extra to Expedition costs. Please speak to us in confidence if costs appear prohibitive.
- Parental Consent GillOAC 2019
- Code of Conduct
Please note that it is an individual responsibility to choose and to check that any activity undertaken for the DofE programme is appropriately managed and insured, unless the activity is directly managed or organised by their DofE group, such as the Expedition. We’ve lots of ideas but can’t organise them for you.
INFORMATION EVENING FOR 2019-20 was Tuesday July 9 2019 at Gillingham School
There are further enrolment evenings in September.
You can ensure your place by paying and enrolling online before then. See above website banner fro enrolling link.
Note that the enrolment fee goes elsewhere to buy your place and we can’t get it back if you change your mind.
AWARDS EVENING tbc October 1st 2019
What’s Happening at Gillingham DofE OAC?
- First Aid for the 2019-20 Cohort
- We’re building our Gallery!
- Award History updated July 02 2019 – 489!
- June 2018 – Links updated on our Volunteering for Participants page
- See the campsites we’ve used all over the place!
The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award in Gillingham, Dorset is delivered under the DofE licence of Dorset Council by Gillingham Open Award Centre (OAC). At this time we hire Tuesday evening space at Gillingham Youth Centre (BONES), Cemetery Rd, Gillingham, Dorset. SP8 4AZ