Participants can enrol to Silver at any time from the 1st June before they go into Yr10.
Those working on their Bronze can start their Silver with the sections that they have finished at Bronze.
It is possible to join as a Direct to Silver and do an extra 6 months on one of the longer sections.
The Award is very flexible in the way that it can be approached: not all sections need to be started at the same time and two levels can be worked on at once, but ask for the fine print!
- Drop in for help most term time Tuesdays after school at any stage in your Award. When school is open we are in the Dance Studio (above the MPH) at Gillingham School from 3.30pm to 5.30pm
- 6hr Nationally accredited Emergency First Aid course – unless formal 1st Aid training has been completed within the past 3 years.
- Expedition dates are HERE. Detailed information is added to download 3 to 4 weeks prior to the date.
- The planning time will be completed in one day – date to be confirmed.
- This time is spent planning and completing prep for the expedition assessment.
- It is mandatory because its part of the assessment!
- After the Final, Expedition attendance is only expected to finish the Expedition Presentation.
- The expedition section for Silvers is usually completed by early May.
Silver Dates to consider for 2021-22:
7 Jan Friday (9 – 4pm) (Inset day) Planning for your Final, and refresher training
27 Feb Sunday (9 – 4pm) Finish planning for your Final, and refresher training
18 Mar (evening) – 20 Mar Silver Practice £35
23 Apr – 25 Apr (Inset day) Silver Final £45
24 May – Deadline and Date for Presentations