Participants can enrol at any time from the 1st June before they go into Yr10.
Those working on their Bronze can start the sections that they have finished at Bronze.
- Drop in for help most term time Tuesdays after school to about 6pm at any stage in your Award. We are at the Slade Centre.
- 6hr Nationally accredited Emergency First Aid course- dates here, unless having completed formal 1st Aid training within the past 3 years.
- Expedition dates are here Detailed information is added to download 3 to 4 weeks prior to the date.
- In the Spring regular Tuesday evening attendance is from 4.15 to 5.45 .
- This time is spent planning and completing prep for the expedition assessment.
- It is mandatory because its part of the assessment!
- After the Final, Expedition attendance is only expected to finish the Expedition Presentation.
2019-20 Expedition training is planned to start as follows:
Directs (no Bronze) need to catch up with a basic training day which we will to arrange with them after Christmas
|Jan 7 2020||Team building – refresher stuff!|
|Jan 14||Planning routes for the Final|
|Jan 21||Starting route and route cards on edofe mapping|
|Jan 28||Cont with route cards, aim, menus|
|Feb 4||School Play on 6/2 – no DofE other than “Drop In”|
|Feb 11||Briefing for the training and kit issue. Cont with route cards, aim, menus|
|Feb 15 and 16||Acclimatisation training in the New Forest. Indoor Accomm and eating|
|Feb 18||Half term|
|Feb 25||Yr 11 PIXLs no attendance needed by Yr11s|
|Mar 3||Yr 11 PIXLs no attendance needed by Yr11s. Practice Briefing|
|Mar 6 – 8||Fri evening thru to Sunday, Practice New Forest|
|Mar 10||Cont with route cards, aim, menus|
|Mar 17||Ought to be finished with finals prep! Finals Briefing|
|Mar 24||Only if not finished!!|
|Apr 7 and Apr 14||Easter Hols|
|Apr 18-20||3 Day Final (20/4 is Gill Sch Inset) New Forest|
|April 21||KIT RETURN or £10 fine|
|Exped Pres will be completed as agreed with teams.|
To encourage the completion of a whole Award, which is usually the reason for investment in it in the first place, our other Centre stipulations to doing the Expedition are that, if tackled, the Bronze level is finished; all other Silver sectional plans are approved on eDofE and at least the 3 month section finished.
The Award is very flexible in the way that it can be approached: not all sections need to be started at the same time and two levels can be worked on at once, but ask for the fine print!
We anticipate the 2019/20 Silver Expedition to be done and dusted by the end of April 2020 but there’s still work on the team presentation to do afterwards. To take part in this section of their Award Participants must attend DofE Expedition training consistently and take part in planning and organising their Final Exped. This is because the teams and the people in them have to be safe and ready enough to execute a self-sufficient and unaccompanied assessed expedition that they’ve planned themselves. On assessment, teams are remotely supervised and meet leaders at agreed checkpoints