The Physical Section – “the body!”
Through the Physical section you should achieve a greater physical fitness by participating and improving in physical activity. It’s sure to make you feel healthier and you’ll have fun along the way!
You don’t need to be super fit or Olympic standard to achieve this section – giving it a go and getting better is enough!
From hockey to dance, rock climbing to swimming, wheelchair basketball to yoga – almost any dance, sport or fitness activity (including regular walking) can count. You can join a team or do it on your own, concentrate on something you’re already doing or try something completely different – it’s up to you.
Please don’t get DofE Physical mixed up with the Games and Recreation section of DofE Skills. Sports specifically listed in the Physical Section can only be followed as a DofE Skill if you’re doing it as a leader, umpire or a research project. Another good reason to check it out before starting!
Ideas are here.
Gillingham School Sports offer is found here, look down the page for the lunchtime club list
Shaftesbury School extra curricular sport is here
Local Sports Clubs links (a wide radius) are here
Active Dorset will help you find a range of activities to enjoy that are taking place across the county. Dorset Activities Finder
These are activiies suggested by The Award where your normal clubs are still shut due to COVID restrictions or you have to self isolate. Home activities will need to be recorded using the logsheet found here which is uploaded to edofe for a leader to be the assessor.
– Complete the couch to 5k, or many of the other NHS fitness sessions
– Do an hour’s YouTube fitness video each week (you can try Bootcamps, pilates, dance routines and more)
– If you’ve got a garden, do some circuit training
– Get out on your bike in your local area – use an App like Strava to track your routes to upload as evidence on eDofE
– WiiFit games
– Completing different walks in your local area, again use Strava to record
– Sport skills (i.e. practising skills to develop in your favourite sport)
– Fitness challenges (e.g. 100 press up challenge, plank challenge, step challenge)
And lots of FAQ answers here!